Games London is launching the second edition of their free, virtual accelerator programme for games studio founders. This long-term scheme will run through the 2nd half of 2021 and is set to help promising studio founders make significant strides in developing their future business strategies. Offering a range of industry insight, practical training, and mentoring the programme will ultimately set studios up with a renewed focus and accelerated growth for their studio.
The second Accelerator will run for 5 months from August to December 2021.
Be part of a cohort of games companies all on the journey to grow their business. We’ll keep you united via a private Discord channel and provide plenty of ways to share and support each other. This will include:
- Monthly masterclasses and panels with experienced industry experts
- One-to-one mentoring hours from a pool of experts
- Pitching advice and coaching sessions
- Games London to help each founder produce a short-documentary style showreel promoting their studio and game, with the option to showcase at our events
- Involvement in a dedicated Accelerator Showcase Day in December 2021, with guaranteed one-to-one investor meetings
- Collaboration with other international training programmes for shared learning and networking
- Inclusion in the 2022 London Games Festival programme
Who Can Apply?
The Accelerator will select up to eight studios to participate who are working on their debut or second game and are looking towards investment or publishing over the next year.
Our programme will help guide participants through that process and advise teams on funding models, investor types, publisher deals and associated topics like accounting, legal issues, tax relief and more.
- The Accelerator is designed for company founders – co-founders are welcome, but both/all founding members are expected to commit fully to the programme to participate.
- Games London seeks and encourages founders from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- You CAN be a predominantly remote work/distributed team and based outside of London, but Games London may prioritise London based studios OR teams with a significant proportion of the workforce based in the city.
- May – July 2021: Application and assessment stage
- Late July/ August 2021: Interviews
- August 2021: Selections made
- August 2021: December 2021 (5 months) – Accelerator programme runs
- December: Accelerator Showcase Day
- Inclusion in London Games Festival 2022 programme of events